Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Genetics

So today I took my oldest to the dentist. I was really hoping he wouldn't inherent Mikes' or mine baby teeth. Welp no such luck! Mike and I both had horrible teeth as kids. He had his teeth capped by age 7 (I think), me constantly at the dentist getting fillings. Went today for his check up he has a broken tooth that needs a silver cap and another that needs one too. PLUS 6 fillings!!! OMG!!! I about died! We brush EVERY morning and EVERY night. Use mouth wash, the whole 9 yards! I feel like a horrible mother! Poor kiddo has to go two more times to get them all fixed. I guess I will have to make super duper sure from now on he does a great job on brushing! Or I will have to take over.

Brings me to another thought on genetics. Eye color. I have brown eyes (a dominate gene) and Mike has green/hazel eyes. Noah has hazel eyes like his dad and Gabriel got blue eyes! My dad and sister have blue eyes so I guess they got my recessive gene. They both have light blond hair, but it was black when they were born! I have brown hair and Mike has red. Again my sister "K" has blonde hair. Recessive genes win again! So how about your kiddos? Do your kiddos have recessive gene traits or did those dominate ones win? and on that note...

that is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment