Friday, September 16, 2011

Sleep-overs make me remember the good ol days

So after my bff's (we will call her B) daughter's (we will call her E) birthday party Noah wanted to go and spend the night with her one weekend. So the next Saturday we went out to their place to spend the afternoon and I left Noah to stay the night and come home after they go to church. We had a great time hanging out and having adult converstations. Which are few and far between in my world other than when I am at school and most of the time they are about class! The next weekend my niece that is 6 weeks younger than Noah came to spend the night. Now this weekend E is spending the night tonight. My bff ref's in Mansfield on the weekends and she stays with her mom instead of driving all the way back out to her house which is an hour away. I told her I would be glad to have E stay sometime with us since Noah and E get along so great and are so close in age.
I met B when Mike and her hubby worked together when we were both preggers. Her hubby was the SM and Mike was the ASM. I was working for BBW at the time and she came to see me once and that is how we met. There was a launch party that we hung out at one night and that is where the friendship evolved. We chatted on the phone and after our kiddos were born 6 weeks apart (E was first) we would hang out and watch Smallville and have play dates at my house. There was this one night we went to Dallas when the kids were about 4 months old to a club. That was the last time we went out as adults and no kids! Oh man what a night, we still talk about that night. (I am sooooooooo not going to details lol. Get your mind out of the gutter nothing bad happened)
After we moved around a lot with the Army we lost touch a bit but have gotten closer again. I am so thankful for her, she is an awesome friend to me. Lets me cry on my 30th birthday when she is kind enough to let me get a bit tipsy on her dime. (It was only 2 drinks lol) She lets me vent to her when I have had a bad day. She has helped me when I am in a jam for a babysitter. I love her like a sister.
Thank you B for being such a great friend to me over the past 6 years. You truely are a great friend and you better stay that way! and on that note...
that is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment