Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chronic Pain

Do you suffer from chronic pain?

Are you in a little bit or a lot?

Does your spine feel like if you ripped it our of your back you would feel better?

Chopped off your head to make your migraine go away?

This post just needed to be said. If you don't have some level of pain everyday you live with, you don't get it. You just don't. You may say you do, but you don't. If you have never wanted to shove hot pokers through your eyes to make the sun go away and into your ears to make the sound stop, you have never had a migraine.

I have had migraines since, like forever. Oh I have a headache is NOT a migraine. The pain is awful, you want to vomit, light stings, and sounds you thought you couldn't hear are like a marching band in your bedroom.

Since I turned 30 last year mine have been farther apart. However my husband suffers anywhere from 5-20 a month. Some lasting 2-7 days. YES SEVEN days. He has only had a few that have lasted that long before. He has suffered for the last 3 years from that kind of pain. He is a Disabled Vet, he may not look it from the outside but he is. He is 70% disabled-service connected. He got a virus that destroyed part of his CNS, which makes his resting heart-rate about 100-120, blood pressure is threw the roof and other very bad things. There are more things wrong with him but I am not going to go into that right now.

Even though he is in HUGE amounts of pain, i.e. a 5-8 on the pain scale, a lot of the time. This is something he has come to live with on a daily basis. He still goes to work, school, plays with his kids, etc. Because he HAS to! This is just something that chronic pain does to you, you just learn to live with it and deal most days.

Now my pain is from an accident from about 10 years ago that royally screwed my back up forever. When I was pregnant I was extremely uncomfortable and a lot of days I could barley walk I was in so much pain. During my second pregnancy my hips shifted and since then I have had issues with that pain too. Most days my pain is tolerable. About a 1-2 on the pain scale. Those days I don't take anything, just deal with the daily pain and go on with my day.

Some days however my pain gets so bad that I need a little something.

Wait... before I say ONE more word, let me get this out. I HATE pain pills. HATE HATE HATE HATE taking them. I usually only take half a pill because I hate them so much. I usually will try a heating pad or rest before I go and take that pill. Because sometimes I have just over done it and rest/heat will help and I can get on with my day. Also because of some family history with pain medication I am also not a fan of them.

The days I do have to take something, I take into consideration what I need to do that day before I will go to the meds cabinet and get one. I.E. take the kids places, work, school, etc. Most days I don't take a damn thing, maybe a Advil or something and that's it.

Well when I take something, if I take a whole one MY butt is IN bed and the kids are being watched. I would NEVER take anything and go anywhere or go to work or DRIVE. I ain't that stupid. AND yes it pisses me off when people think I take them all the time and that they assume shit that AIN'T TRUE.

I LIVE with daily pain, and so do MANY other people I know and love. So before you start in on me or them about what WE do with OUR lives and how we live them, SHUT your mouth. Because you DON'T know what you are talking about. I try my best not to judge before I know the truth. So please do me the same favor and do the same.

so on that note

that is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment