Saturday, August 13, 2011

Burn baby burn!

We had a blast at Hurricane Harbor yesterday! We (me and the kiddos) meet up with my friend from Kansas and her 3 girls. The kids played in the kid area for awhile, then they wanted to go to the wave pool. BUT baby "K" was hungry so I took the girls and Noah over there by myself. She watched Gabe for me, she also learned what it would be like if she had another one any time soon! I'm so glad that her girls can swim, made it a lot easier to keep an eye on Noah. He is getting better, but the life vest was a HUGE help. Then we went back and played more, after baby "K" feel asleep it was my turn to watch the babies. She took them all on the lazy river. So we played for about 4hrs then went to the car and ate. We decided that it was already 3 o'clock and neither one of us wanted to get stuck in traffic so opted to just call it a day. Gabe was passed out before I hit the highway and Noah before I changed highways!

After we got home and unloaded the car we all just wanted to chill out. As I was putting our stuff away, I got an itch on my back. That is when I discovered I had forgotten to put sunscreen on my back! OUCH! I was going to get my friend to put it on for me and totally blanked it. I remembered to get the kids good, but Noah did get a little sun on his cheeks. He is lucky and its all gone today. I am not so lucky. I awoke several times last night because I had rolled over onto my back.

My friend "D" has stepped into her new role as mom and step-mom quite well from being a Cpt in the Army. She has changed quite a lot since the last time I saw her. In, most defiantly, a good way! She has 2 step daughters that were staying with their mom that lives here, she came down to get them and visit the grandparents. She also has a new baby girl that is just about 3m old. So sweet too! She has been a real trooper in her travels only being 3m old. She just went visit daddy at Ft Rucker, AL while he is doing some training to go to his new unit.

RAIN! We finally got rain today! My poor plants and yard have been roasting in this heat! I think it would have to rain constantly for a week to even attempt to reach where we need to be for rain fall. It is nice though not have to water the yard tonight! I also can not wait until the heat goes down, its been killer on my power bill. It is usually under $200 a month. Not this past month... ouch to the wallet! We have been keeping the thermostat on 76, any higher and it get uncomfortable in the house. We have high ceilings. I may turn it up a notch or two and see if the hubby notices. He is the hot natured one in this house. and on that note

that is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment