Monday, August 8, 2011

Ready for a Break!


From the 40+ days of 110 degree weather! My poor family is so hot natured that they are all miserable when they go outside. The second Noah hits the door he starts complaining that its hot. Gabriel is too young really to complain but I can see it on his face that he is hot. Since his "hair cut" (another story) he seems to be better and less hot. My husband because of his medical issues when he goes outside and his blood pressure goes up and it makes him have a migraine.

So since we are under EXTREME drought conditions, conserving water, and power from 3-7pm. We can only water like once a week or so. So while watering the backyard in my attempt's to keep my lawn alive, we half filled our small pool to try and cool off tonight. The boys played outside for like an hour and I'm so glad that we got to get out of the house!

We did go to the health department clinic today in order to get both boys a chicken pox vaccine. Our Dr's office doesn't carry that one in stock. So now both boys are ready for school! Poor Noah started to scream as soon as he sat in my lap, Gabriel wasn't to pleased either about getting a shot today. Of course by the time we left (2 and a half hours later) they were both grouchy, tired, and hungry! So was I, so in true fashion we stopped for ice cream on the way home.

I should have taken a picture of my dinner tonight it was SO yummy! Pork chops, corn, garlic bread and spinach salad. The pork chops I used an egg wash, then breaded with wheat flour, basil, celery seed, parm cheese, and ground thyme. I fried it in oil on the stove (made a huge mess in the process) until done. Everyone ate it, including Noah! And of course you can not eat pork chops without apple sauce!

Well off to finish my Monday night shows work in the morning.

that is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment