Friday, August 19, 2011

Freaking out! In a good way


So last night was Meet the Teacher Night at Noah's new school. I just can't believe that he starts school in just a few more days! Lots of people keep telling me that I will be in the parking lot crying after dropping him off. I have a feeling that they are all so so right. I remember when he was just born. That day I will never forget.

I was 5 days overdue with him. I went in at 5am to be induced. After being in labor all day, having a nightmare of an experience, they decided to take him at 10:45pm via c-section. After they cleaned up my 9lb 8oz, 21in little boy and showed him to me, I passed out from pure exhaustion. Woke up as they were finishing and getting ready to wheel me into recovery. My husband was waiting for me in recovery, he watched the whole thing from his chair they gave him. He is a nurse now, so stuff like that doesn't bother him. No way did I want to see any of that! Since they had such a hard time getting him out, because he was stuck. Can you just picture it, my 5ft nothing Dr laying on my stomach pushing, and a big linebacker of a Dr, having one leg on the table for leverage trying to get him out! Can you see why I would pass out? lol

I remember when he took his first steps at Christmas time to "ninja-like" run across the living room and snatch Mike's fudge. Without missing a beat he kept running and ate the whole thing before we could even react! He has always been such a sweet boy, he still tells me all the time without me saying it first "I love you mommy" and my FAVORITE is "your beautiful." I know its corny but hey it makes my day when my first born makes my day like that.

I remember his first birthday: He wore a green striped shirt, had his own cake, and a batman cake for everyone else to eat. He was COVERED from head to toe in his cake and we had to wash him off in the sink! Then I also remember that Mike left for Basic a few weeks later, but that's another story.

This is the latest picture I have taken, I got a Free mustache in the mail from a freebie site. I just thought it was so funny to advertise a free mustache that I ordered one! I told him that he looked like Mario! I also tried to get him to say "Momma Mia" but he wouldn't do it. lol

There will be many many more first to come for my oldest son: first day in middle school, first day in college, first love, first break up, and the list can go on forever. I plan on being there (with camera if I can) for each and every single firsts and lasts. and on that note

that is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment